Mounting a Knights FF RAS on an upper
- Clamp the receiver in receiver vise or barrel in barrel vise.
- Remove stock handguards.
- Remove flash suppressor (note: if you can't, the free-floating handguard cannot be installed, e.g., post ban with pinned & welded muzzle brake)
- Remove taper pins front sight tower base. Slide front sight tower off with gas tube attached.
- Remove standard barrel nut with appropriate wrench.
- Remove barrel. Slide standard barrel nut off.
- Slide new two-piece barrel nut/ Handguard tube lock ring onto the barrel.
- Torque to correct setting with appropriate tools, lining up the barrel nut and hole in the receiver for the gas tube. Confirm the alignment with bolt carrier and alignment tool.
- Screw free floating handguard tube with its two alignment pins correctly installed into barrel nut/ Handguard tube lock ring.
- Tighten with strap wrench.
- Reinstall front sight tower and gas tube.
- Reinstall flash suppressor.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
I WILL BE ADDING PHOTOS AND MORE DETAIL AS TIME ALLOWS
Directions for mounting a Free Float RAS were contributed by
Wes Grant at M.S.T.N..
Home | SOPMOD M4 Carbine | KAC RIS and RAS | KAC Free Float RAS | KAC RAS II | KAC 2-Stage trigger | Knight's SR-47 | Knight's SR-25K | M5 RAS on AR-10 | AR-10 Rail FF Tube | M5 RAS Dissipater | KAC on EBAY
This site was last updated